Passive groundwater sampling method
This dedicated, in-well equipment is deployed at the desired position in the screen interval with up to six Snap Samplers and six individual sampling bottles. The design allows for the collection of groundwater samples which are in dynamic equilibrium with the aquifer through a simple, no purge/passive technique.
What are the advantages?
- No-Pump, No-Pour groundwater sampling is faster and generates no purge water waste.
- All critical actions take place submerged in the well, which limits the impacts of: heat, wind, rain, surface contamination, or off-gassing losses
- Improved sampling consistency since variations in site conditions from season-to-season or changes in personnel from event-to-event do not affect the sample collection process.
- There is no heavy equipment to carry and no drums to move.
- Easier and faster than well purge methods.
- Passive sampling without analyte limitations. Test MTBE, MEK, SVOCs, and metals.
- Passive, no-purge sampling is gaining acceptance and is recognised as a major money saver!
- Limited tools needed.
- Fewer sources of variability.
- Improved sampling consistency.
- Quicker determination of monitored natural attenuation or remedial effectiveness.
- Reduce time to collect each sample to as little as 10 minutes.
- Eliminate most major equipment needs–no pump, no pump controller, no generator, no flow-through cell, and no purge waste containers.
- Deploy next quarter’s samplers during the same mobilisation.